Adams County Fair General Rules
- The Fair will open on Wednesday, July 26, 2023 and close on Tuesday, August 1, 2023 unless continued longer because of rain.
- All time references in this book are Daylight Savings Time.
- .NO 4-WHEELERS or GOLF CARTS ALLOWED, except for Official Use, and approved by Board.
- Entries in all departments, except Livestock, may be made up until 8:00 a.m., Wednesday, July 26, 2023.
- All Livestock entries, including Jr. and 4-H Entries MUST BE MADE by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, July 21, 2023. All livestock entries must be accompanied by check or money order for stall or pen fees, exhibitor tickets, etc.
- Exhibits must be in place by 8:00 a.m., Wednesday, July 26, 2023. Check department for livestock entry and release times.
- SUPERINTENDENTS WILL ASSIGN STALLS.
- IN LIVESTOCK DEPARTMENTS, NO EXHIBITOR WILL BE ALLOWED TO WIN MORE THAN TWO PREMIUMS IN ANY ONE CLASS. NO EXHIBITOR WILL BE ALLOWED TO ENTER MORE THAN THREE ENTRIES IN ANY ONE CLASS.
- No animal to occupy a stall or pen on the grounds of Fair Association unless competing for premiums or if there as a nurse animal for others which are competing, and then the regular stall or pen fees must be paid for such animals. ALL EXHIBITORS OF LIVESTOCK WILL BE CHARGED FOR PENS OR STALLS USED FOR ANY PURPOSE, AT THE STATED FEE.
- If any exhibitor refuses to parade his livestock on request of the superintendent in that department, he shall forfeit all rights to any premiums he may have won or does win during the fair.
- The Fair Association reserves the right to pay all premiums pro rata if the proceeds of the Association are not sufficient to pay all the premiums in full.
- The interpretation of all rules governing exhibits shall rest entirely with the Fair Association and decisions will be final.
- Decisions of the judges and superintendents of each department will be final. Exhibitors may be barred from competition for finding fault with their decisions.
- Every article entered for competition shall be under the control of the superintendent of that particular department; however, the Fair Association will in no case be responsible in case of loss or damage, shall any occur.
- Registration papers will be checked and animals identified by the Superintendents.
- All protests must be filed with the Superintendent of the Department on the day of judging, and must be accompanied by a deposit of $25.00. If the protest is sustained, the deposit will be returned, and if not sustained, it will be forfeited to the Adams County Fair Association.
- All Adams County FFA and 4-H Club Exhibitors may enter any open livestock class by paying an exhibitor privilege fee of $5.00.
All entry fees will be charged as they apply.
4-H & FFA entries must meet the same deadlines as other exhibitors.
NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Health rules for livestock will follow. A veterinarian, will be official inspector of all health certificates.
- Only animals entered in competition will be allowed on the fairgrounds with the following exceptions: A) service animals, B) animals which are on the grounds as a part of the exhibition contracted by the fair association, C) pets which are confined to the camper areas and kept on leashes. NOTE: THE FAIR ASSOCIATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HAVE THESE ANIMALS REMOVED FROM THE GROUNDS SHOULD IT BE DEEMED THAT THEY HAVE BECOME A NUISANCE TO OTHER FAIR ATTENDEES. ABSOLUTELY NO DOGS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE BARNS OR LIVESTOCK STAGING AREAS.
- Livestock Classes must maintain a minimum of 20 head for 3 years to remain a separate breed with premiums.
- Social Security numbers will be required of winners who win $600 or more.
- The Fair Board has the right to deny certain privileges such as displays or Box Seats due to negative publicity or non-payment of obligations.
- Livestocktrailersmustbeindesignatedareasandcannotbeincamperspot,unlessit has a camper installed in the trailer and have purchased a camping spot in the office.
- Livestock fans must be 4’ off the ground. NO Butt Fans.
Misters must be OK’ed by the Dept. Superintendent.
- Anyone caught trying to defraud the fair of gate admission will be charged double and be open to further prosecution.
- The Adams County Fair Association has the right to remove any vehicle or item which may cause an accident or is not in compliance.
- Absolutely no water fights will be tolerated or any other unsafe activities that may result in an accident.
- RETURNED CHECKS: There will be a $25 charge for all returned checks.
- GROUNDS RENTAL & CANCELLATION: General rental of the Adams County Fair Grounds is $500 with a damage deposit of $500. A non-refundable deposit (if cancelled within 30 days prior to event) of $250 is due upon agreement to rent the grounds. Also a Certificate of Liability Insurance is required.
- FIGHTING: Absolutely no fighting. Individuals involved in altercations on the fairgrounds will be banned from the premises if deemed necessary by the Adams County Fair Board.
- All stock trailers must be parked in designated areas at the east end of the fairgrounds.